Official Rules and Entry Form
Entry Deadline: February 20, 2017
Christian Music Showcase is looking for local area talent to engage in a singing competition to showcase Christian talent in the Cleveland area.
The competition will be held on Friday, March 3, 2017 at the Vineyard Community Church, 1928 E 300th Street, Wickliffe, Ohio 44092 at 7pm.
The competition will be broken down into 2 categories. Christian Vocal Group / Solo Acts and Christian Rap. 10 acts will be chosen (2 alternate groups per category) to fill each category to perform the night of March 3rd. A first place prize of $250 and a trophy will be given to the top act in each category and awarded at the end of the night. The performing acts need to be present to win the prize at the end of the competition.
A panel of judges will be chosen by the event coordinators. These judges will judge each individual acts on the quality of talent and take into consideration the audience response to each performing act. It will be up to the sole discretion of the judges to award the first place prizes at the end of the competition.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Complete the Christian Music Showcase entry form by deadline date of February 20, 2017. Chosen acts will be contacted no later than February 21, 2017.
- Provide an audio/visual sample of your singing performance via one of these mediums: Youtube, Vimeo, or working URL to view your groups performances, or video/digital file (any typical format) uploaded for viewing online.
- Be able to perform on the evening of March 3, 2017 and be available for rehearsal/sound check starting at 5:30pm.
- Provide back-up music on CD or digital file format prior to date of the event.
- Be prepared to perform a selection lasting no longer than 4 minutes of singing to begin promptly at 7pm when the competition begins.
- Christian Music Showcase, 1 For the 99, and the Vineyard Community Church will be permitted to use photography and video of event and all of the participants in all of our advertising and social media follow up of this event and for the promotion of future competitions.
- Contestants who do not show to perform the night of the competition will be disqualified and replaced with an alternate group. No exceptions.
- Contestants understand that the time, manner, and method of judging shall be solely within the discretion of the competition officials and the decision of the judges will be final in all cases. No appeals accepted.
- No musical instruments, props, or extras (dancers) allowed during the performance. You will be judged on your singing talent.
- Performances must be family oriented for public church performance. Any contestant reflecting or exemplifying indecent clothing, vocals, or gestures will be asked to leave the stage immediately and be disqualified.
- Contestants must obey all on-site backstage/facility rules including no smoking, no drinking, no drugs, pets, or guests, in areas designated as “No Access” areas and on stage.
- It is agreed and understood that all contestants will not hold Christian Music Showcase, 1 For The 99, or Vineyard Community Church or any persons associated with these groups liable for injuries sustained or illnesses contracted by them when in attendance or participating in any phase of the competition.
If you have any questions you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
PLEASE SUBMIT ALL FILES TO OUR GMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com
(Please send your best selection for this competition. We will only review one (1) per entry.)
By checking this box, you declare that you and everyone associated with your act have read and understood all of the applicant requirements and rules for the Christian Music Showcase and will adhere to these rules and requirements.
Deadline to submit your entry form is February 20, 2017. Contest contestants and alternates will be notified by February 21, 2017.